I enjoyed the program quite a bit, and I think it could be due to the fact that I believe music to be much easier to use as an entertainment medium than watching television or reading a book, if only because you can listen while you do anything else your heart desires, clean, cook, work, etc.
I believe this was perfect for the radio medium, as it not only allows you to listen to some of your favorite pieces, but also discover new ones to attach to, since you can't choose the song or composer. The only disadvantage that I can see to using the radio to listen to music is that listening in person at a live performance is indescribably more appealing in terms of the quality of sound. However, if you are an introvert, you might believe that the ability to listen from the comfort of your home outweighs that drawback.
Jazz Today #89 9/2/1958. (1958, September 2). Internet Archive. https://archive.org/details/jazz-today-9-2-58
https://archive.org/details/jazz-today-9-2-58/Jazz+Today+9-2-1958.mp3
Comments
Post a Comment