Link: https://archive.org/details/OTRR_Planet_Man_Ver2_Singles/Planet_Man_50-xx-xx_ep02_Orbit_the_Moon.mp3
The program I listened to is planet man and originally aired in1950's. The kind of program I listened to is of a science fiction story of planet man for entertainment. From listening to the episode I would assume the intended audience was children as it is a fiction story made for their entertainment. My experience from listening to the program was the program was hard to follow. This was different but kind of similar to what I am used to seeing. The reason I say it is different is because I am used to watching a story with pictures but in this case you just listen to the story. I say it is similar because some people use the kindle which has audio books which is exactly like this in my opinion. The content of the program was suited to fit the radio medium to tell entertaining stories to keep the customer as a repeat customer. Based on my experience some advantages of the radio as an entertainment medium is that they can tell interesting stories while not acting everything out so the entertainment production would be cheaper. The disadvantage is one they can't really have commercials to advertise other means of entertainment and two they lose the visual aspects of the story as well since there's no visuals.
References:
Lum Edwards . (2008, March 7). Files for otrr_planet_man_ver2_singles. OTRR_Planet_Man_Ver2_Singles directory listing. Retrieved February 12, 2022, from https://archive.org/download/OTRR_Planet_Man_Ver2_Singles
Comments
Post a Comment