The program that I listened to was a BBC radio series called The Adventures of TinTin. The series was an action, adventure, detective, type radio dramas show produced for entertainment. Episode durations ranged from around 30 to 50 minutes and aired in 1992. (BBC Radio, 2021) The intended audience for the programming is primarily aimed at youth, but any aged audience could enjoy the show's humor.
Adventures of TinTin was the first radio show I've ever listened to. I found it hard to create a picture of what was going on, and I often lost track of who was talking and where the scenes were taking place. When watching TV, I often find myself watching and sometimes not truly listening or retaining the information being said, but the images and scenes I see make it so I can assume what is being said. However, it is crucial that you actively listen for the radio series because nothing is filling in those blanks if looked over.
This program was appropriate for the radio transmissions because it was created playful with their target audience in mind. So, the consumers get the funny, entertaining shows they want to listen to. Based on my experience, I think the radio's pros as a medium are its mobility. The cons would be the lack of visuals assisting the audio for entertainment purposes. But, overall, I think the development was a success and famous for its time!
References
BBC Radio. (2021, May 10). BBC Radio 4 - the adventures of tintin : Herge : Free download, Borrow, and streaming. Internet Archive. https://archive.org/details/bbc-radio-4-the-adventures-of-tintin_202105
Comments
Post a Comment