Introduction to Archives - Wendell DeLong
Jackson, William Henry, Fortified Northwestern Railway bridge over the Indus at Attock.
The artifact was found in the photo, print, and drawing section of the U.S. Library of Congress online archive. Published September 4th, 1897, by World's Transportation Commission photograph collection. The photo depicts a train crossing the Fortified Northwestern Railway bridge over the Indus at Attock.
I selected this artifact because I thought it was crazy how even back then in the 1890s they were able to biuld such an impressive bridge. The machines and tech we have today makes this project very unipressive but back then it had to be so much harder and probably took quite a while to complete.
I have never been super into trains or railroads, but I can appretiate something that took that much money, time, and hard work to biuld.
References
(1897). Fortified Northwestern Railway bridge over the Indus at Attock /Jackson, William Henry [Photograph].The Library of Congress. https://www.loc.gov/resource/cph.3b25948
Comments
Post a Comment