I bring to you a graffiti painting on the wall of Africa. I believe that the intentionality behind this painting is to raise awareness to Hemp, which is a derivative on marijuana. I find this artifact interesting due to the nature that is involved with marijuana. I personally do not associate myself with the use of the drug, but the fact that there is a following promoting the use of the drug speaks volumes as to why this artifact is important. 

    The tools used for this painting were some use of tape, aerosol cans, and some use of rags and cardboard in order to place the lines properly. 
    
    The functionality of this painting depends on the locations of where the painting is located. If it is in a public and easily visible area, then it is possible that the painting can be seen by a larger audience and therefor convey its message more effectively.
    The next artifact I present is from Kultepe, a city in Cappadocia, and is a a tablet used by merchants to keep track of goods from caravans. This artifact immediately caught my attention due to the fact that it is in a dated language, and the idea that it was written on clay shows the technology that was used for the time era. 
       
    The tools used for this painting were clay to form the writing material, which was possibly hardened in a vessel in other to make the writing material square. Next were the use of some chisel device in order to carve the writing into the clay
 
    I would say the functionality of the tablet was served since it was use to keep track of goods. Seeing that the information remained intact even after decades of abuse from natural causes, it is safe to say that the functionality was adequate.
    Lastly, this artifact is from Babylon or Achaemenid origin, and its content is currently unknown, which is what I found most interesting about it. It is hard to decipher exactly what it is meant for or its uses but it is obviously written on deliberately.

    The tools used for this artifact may have been chisels or some sort of a written technology. It is currently hard to tell whether the form of this artifact is intentional or if it was apart of something bigger. 
    
    If the functionality of this artifact was to take notes, similar to that of the previous artifact that I mentioned earlier, then the artifacts functionality was completely successful in its uses as an aid to remembering important information. 

Cuneiform tablet: fragment, content uncertain. Metmuseum.org. (n.d.). Retrieved January 24, 2022, from https://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/321876?searchField=All&%3BsortBy=Relevance&%3Bft=cuneiform&%3Boffset=80&%3Brpp=20&%3Bpos=98

Art crimes: Africa 3. (n.d.). Retrieved January 24, 2022, from https://www.graffiti.org/africa/africa_3.html


Metmuseum.org. (n.d.). Retrieved January 24, 2022, from https://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/325851?searchField=All&%3BsortBy=Relevance&%3Bft=cuneiform&%3Boffset=20&%3Brpp=20&%3Bpos=21

 

Comments